Hypocrisy – a love / hate relationship
aka “Practice what you preach”
mmmmm…I love to give advice-
apparently I also love to not follow my own advice (that is the hate part)
Advice I give but sometimes don’t follow:
- Blog consistently
- Read good stuff often
- Sleep more (or at least enough)
- Age gracefully (like “I am never going to color my hair” ooooops)
- Follow your heart (trust your instincts)
There’s probably a ton more stuff – if you know me and want to post them here I will try to be brave and face the truth.
The thing is, when I hear someone give advice (like on twitter) I always go to their site and look to see if they are practicing what they preach. What makes them an authority? How did they come up with this stuff?
Recently I set some goals for the next 3 years they are roughly:
- Discipline – mind, body, spirit (so I started working out – ouch – fun, but ouch)
- Profession – get good at something specific. choose. focus.
- Heart – do what I love. often. with people I love.
Trying to not be a hypocrite (see first bullet point)